Tuesday 1 May 2012

Power...and Financial Viability...

I have to say, this initial scene started out to be our, realistic, dry gag. It had that grounded sense of been able to connect with an audience, because on the left you have "POWER" on one of the gages, and on the other, you would have "FINANCIAL VIABILITY" on the other gage which; without delving into the worlds affairs, seems something that broadens the target audience that see the film a little bit. It's having something else that can entertain an older audience too. My only concern is that the scene, isn't done justice. I hope it can be readable in the time frame it has been given, but we do literally, and unfortunately only have 20 seconds.
These are again, the layers that make up this shot.

The hanging wire, that shall be in the foreground of the frame, out of focus. 


The focus of the frame; what was rendered out in maya. Lit correctly, ready to be worked on top of in Photoshop. 


The scene that is being worked upon, 

2D components that sit upon 3D components in the shot. 


The dial that will be animated in After Effects. There will be two of these, one for each gage. 

HOWEVER, BEFORE ALL THAT!! 





Now I see how I took the new scene to the limits, in regards to building the dimension to it, and just adding a totally refreshing approach and composition to it, I am kicking myself a little bit that I would even consider this for the final film. It's a regular 2D Plane done in photoshop, where the dials are animated in flash, and there's a little bit of a bad reception, fuzzy TV sync look running from top to bottom of the screen, and now I see what I have done now, I am really pleased that I pushed myself further to re-evolve the shot, whilst also kicking myself that if I hadn't done so, I would have been left with this. Thankfully though, I would never have got to the final piece if it wasn't for this, so that's been a unique learning curve for me.