Sunday 28 October 2012

NOSTALGIC, IMMERSIVE Camera Fiducial's and other artisttic little touches...

In regards to my visual development, I'm wanting to create a key, distinctive twist on something instantly recognizable that I can toy with and make my own. I'm very confident with the Moon surface that I have created. But it's all now about building and building on top of that to create more of an atmosphere (No punn intended). So whilst doing my research, I looked at a lot of Apollo 11 (1969) photography produced by Aldrin and Armstrong on the Lunar surface and you can plainly see the fiducial crosses that the lenses produce on the photo's, so I have created myself a few little fiducial's to composite into my scene in Post Production when the Maya scenes have been rendered out. Minus the black background, these are what I have created. They are at an opacity level of 45% as so the scene will seap through and mingle with the crosses in a way that won't allow these fiducial's to distract from the action in the sequence.