Thursday 3 May 2012

Titles

The Reason I did the Titles in an exterior shot, in the rain, is because again, to tick the genre box, of the mood, the atmosphere we wanted to try and recreate, in these almost typical horror films, that date back even as far as the 1940's, it was always raining outside. Now to try and compliment this, with the idea that we wanted our Laboratory, our setting to try and feel very cramped, isolated and claustrophobic, I thought whilst i created the titles that I would use the establishment of the rainy atmosphere here, instead of using up our screen time which could go towards propelling our narrative forward in another way.

This is a screenshot of the rain I did. The rain droplets are all created in Photoshop.


                                                                 
                                                                         In Process    



The titles and the credits were then imported over the top. 



Regarding the credits, I decided in the end, that it would not be fair to credit myself or Thaxnay as one thing or another. I may be the films director, but Thax has made a tremendous amount of contribution to every single aspect of this film, and has been on board with his opinions even in the storyboard stage before he began working on the film. We both did every single shot, we both brought something into every shot; So he's really breathed as much life into it as I have, and I couldn't have made anything quite like it without him, so I have much thanks to him for that, and for that reason I have decided to label it as "A Film by Ben Hudson & Thaxnay Kapdee" as a team.